Moringa Oleifera has several benefits. This is just an overview of what science and native wisdom discovered about the benefits of the different part of Moringa Oleifera.
Moringa Oleifera flowers are used for:
- improving the quality and flow of mothers’ milk when breast feeding
- being a powerful cold remedy, as a tea (flowers are boiled in water)
- solving urinary problems, because flower juice encourages urination
Moringa Oleifera seeds are used:
- against skin-infecting bacteria, because they contain pterygospermin (antibiotic and fungicide)
- to treat arthritis, rheumatism, cramp. The seeds are roasted, pounded, mixed with coconut oil and applied to the problem area. Or seed oil is used
Moringa Oleifera pods are used as:
- de-wormer, and as a treatment for liver and spleen problems. They are eaten raw
- a treatment for diarrhea, thanks to their high protein and fiber content
Moringa Oleifera seed-cake, left after Moringa Oleifera oil has been extracted from the pods, are used to purify water.