Mendeley is a desktop and web program for managing and sharing research papers, and collaborating online. It includes Mendeley Desktop (PDF and reference management application available for Windows, Mac and Linux) and Mendeley Web, an online social network for researchers.
Mendeley features include:
– Mendeley Desktop, based on Qt, runs on Windows, Mac and Linux.
– Automatic extraction of metadata from PDF papers.
– Back-up and synchronization across multiple computers and with a private online account.
– PDF viewer with sticky notes, text highlighting and full-screen reading.
– Full-text search across papers.
– Smart filtering, tagging and automatic PDF file renaming.
– Citations and bibliographies in Microsoft Word and OpenOffice.
– Import of documents and research papers from external websites (e.g. PubMed, Google Scholar, Arxiv, etc.) via browser bookmarklet.
– BibTeX export/file sync
– Shared collections to collaboratively tag and annotate research papers.
– Public collections to share reading lists.
– Social networking features (newsfeeds, comments, profile pages, etc.).
– Usage-based readership statistics about papers, authors and publications.
– iphone app
More information are available on: http://www.mendeley.com/