John Gottman and Julie Schwartz Gottman will be giving a workshop at The Stanley Theatre (2750 Granville Street, Vancouver) on Nov 3-4, 2011 at 9AM-5PM. Drs. John and Julie Gottman provide you with a research-based roadmap for helping couples to compassionately manage their conflicts, deepen their friendship and intimacy, and share their life purpose and dreams.
In this inspirational two-day course, you will learn:
* Research-based strategies and tools to help couples successfully manage conflict
* Skills that empower couples to dialogue about their worst gridlocked issues by uncovering their underlying dreams, history, and values
* Methods to help couples process their fights and heal their hurts
* Techniques for couples to deepen their intimacy and minimize relapse
* New assessments and effective interventions to help understand couples’ struggles
About Drs. John Gottman and Julie Schwartz Gottman
Drs. John and Julie Gottman are engaging and illuminating speakers who present with humor, wisdom, and clarity. Their workshops integrate didactic presentation, analysis of couple interactions, demonstrations of clinical technique, experiential learning, videos from their clinical office and lively exchanges with their audiences.
Together, the Gottmans teach Couples Workshops and the Professional Training Programs at The Gottman Relationship Institute. They are also involved in ongoing relationship research studies, and have private practices on Orcas Island, near Seattle, in which they see couples for weekly and intensive marathon therapy sessions and conduct small group couples retreats.
For more information and registration, please visit: http://www.jibc.ca/programs-courses/schools-departments/school-community-social-justice/centre-counselling-community-safety/special-events/bridging-couple-chasm