“10 Laws on the Art of Joyful Living” by Zen teacher Kaz Tanahashi. Courtesy of Banyen Books.
1. Your happiness is more important than anything else.
2. The happier you are, the more you can help others.
3. Smiling makes you happy.
4. The more relaxed you are, the happier you are.
5. A moment of meditation can help you refresh yourself.
6. The lower your expectations are, the happier you are.
7. Happiness attracts happiness.
8. The ultimate healing is to live joyfully at each moment.
9. The more fully you face your own death, the more joyous you become.
10. You can always improve your art of joyful living.