Ajahn Chah Subhaddo (Chao Khun Bodhinyana Thera) (Thai: ชา สุภัทโท) was an influential teacher of the Buddhadharma and a founder of major monasteries in the Thai Forest Tradition.
His Western students include:
– Ajahn Sumedho, abbot of Amaravati Buddhist Monastery Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire England
– Ajahn Khemadhammo, abbot of The Forest Hermitage Warwickshire, England
– Ajahn Munindo, abbot of Aruna Ratanagiri Buddhist Monastery Northumberland, England
– Ajahn Pasanno, co-abbot of Abhayagiri Monastery, Redwood Valley, California, USA
– Ajahn Brahm, spiritual director of the Buddhist Society of Western Australian and Abbot of Bodhinyana Buddhist Monastery, Serpentine WA, Australia
– Ajahn Amaro, co-abbot of Abhayagiri Monastery, Redwood Valley, California, USA
– Ajahn Viradhammo, Abbot of Tisarana Buddhist Monastery Perth, Ontario, Canada
– Ajahn Mitsuo Gavesako, abbot of Wat Pah Sunandavanaram Kanchanburi Province, Thailand
– Jack Kornfield
– Ajahn Jayasaro, former abbot of Wat Pa Nanachat
Ajahn Chah – The Mindful Way BBC
Documentary about the Thai monk Ajahn Chah, The Mindful Way, broadcasted by BBC.