The Victoria Zen Centre (in Sooke, Vancouver Island) is organising the course “Orientation to Zen Buddhist Practice“. From the official newsletter:
Saturday mornings, 9:00-11:30 AM
January 22 – February 12, 2011
Victoria Zen Centre – Sooke
Orientation to Zen Buddhist Practice. Discover the impact that consistent practice can have on and in your life! This course was designed by our abbot Ven. Eshu Martin, and is aimed at providing the support necessary for you to put an end to excuses, and to begin a stable and life long transformative practice through Zen Buddhism:
* Four weekly sessions for a total of ten hours of class time.
* Small class size (max. 8).
* A meditation cushion for each participant to keep.
* Course manual and supplementary materials.
* Teachings and group discussions on core aspects of Zen Practice.
* Peer Support.
* Chanting practice CD and Chant Sheet.
* The opportunity to become a member of the Victoria Zen Centre.
For program information and to register please email firstname.lastname@example.org.