This post is written by our Cameo contributor Lori Deschene founder of Tinybuddha on Twitter, and site editor of Tinybuddha.com.
I’ve been dealing with some of my fears lately because I realize the choice to be scared is the choice not to be happy. I might not make the right choice every day, but right now, in this moment, I will.
1. I will give myself permission to be imperfect. In fact, I can even be downright horrible at some things, and that is perfectly OK.
2. I will take the time to breathe and connect with myself so that life’s curve balls seem less overwhelming.
3. I will let people be there for me when I need them. Strength means knowing no one can go it alone.
4. I will allow other people to form opinions about me without trying to manipulate them. Who I am is not dependent on how people see me.
5. I will jump as high as I want to and trust I’ll land on my feet. I always have and I always will.
6. I will have faith in people, instead of doubting them, and forgive them if they disappoint me. Life’s more beautiful seen through trusting eyes.
7. I will love people without expectations because it feels better than the alternative, both for me and them.
8. I will resist the urge to create drama in my head. Whatever is, is–there’s no need to create a story.
9. I will forgive myself if I make a misstep and trust however I diverge, I will make the path meaningful.
10. I will let go. Of everything. I will let go of yesterday. I will let go of fears for tomorrow. I will let go of the need to know.
11. I will stay authentic and keep an open heart, even if I feel vulnerable, because that’s what makes me me.
One bonus promise for happiness: I will do something about these promises right now, and continue doing a little every day.