Deep Brain Learning: Pathways to Potential with Challenging Youth by Drs. Larry Brendtro, Martin Mitchell and Herman McCall has been enlightening and inspiring youth workers world-wide since 2009. Now this compelling book is available in an innovative one day training!
Offered as a stand-alone course, or as the first day of Developmental Audit, Deep Brain Learning will teach participants the latest in brain science research as it relates to the development of children and adolescents. This course is designed for teachers, clinicians and direct-care staff to better understand troubled youth and how to optimize their performance in an educational and treatment environment.
During this one-day training participants will learn:
• Practical tools to connect with challenging, disruptive kids
• Methods to motivate reluctant learners
• Strategies to restore bonds of respect
• Pathways of the brain leading to trust and self-regulation
• Key principles important to change in children of challenge
• The Circle of Courage™—the four universal needs of children in all cultures.
More information about this, and other resilience-training opportunities by the Circle of Courage, are available on http://circleofcourageinstitute.org/