The 2012 World Fellowship of Buddhist Conference will be held in Korea, and hosted by the Jogye Order. The decision came during the 25th WFB Conference on November 13 in Colombo, Sri Lanka. The 25th World Fellowship of Buddhist Conference, with the theme “Solving Social Issues with Dharma,” was held on November 13 in Colombo. Along with the conference, a Board of Directors Meeting, a symposium, and the 60-year Commemoration Ceremony were held until November 17. More than 500 representatives from North Korea, Japan, China, Thailand, Taiwan, South Korea, and other countries attended this year’s conference.

If you have any question about the 2012 World Fellowship of Buddhist Conference, please contact the Jogye Order on: http://www.koreanbuddhism.net/ Thanks!

The 26th World Fellowship of Buddhist Conference will be organized by the Jogye Order and the Jogye Order’s Central Council of the Laity. The 26th World Fellowship of Buddhist Conference, 17th WFBY, and 9th WBU Conference. This General Conference will take place during the 2012 Yeosu International Expo from the 11 to 16 June B.E. 2012 (B.E. 2556) in Yeosu City, Korea. The representatives from the various regional centers all over the world will participate and the 6th District Temple of the Jeonam North and South Province of the Jogye Order will take the central role in preparation of the event.

Jogye Order plans to make strong efforts in seeing the conference to be successful. In this way, the success can be carried over to the 2013 World Religious Leaders Conference, also hosted by the Jogye Order. Director of Social Affairs Ven. Hyegyeong said, “The reason for coinciding the conference with the expo and the Lotus Lantern Festival is that it would be a good way to show the world the beauty and richness of Korean Buddhist tradition and to promote Korean Buddhism. We will have a tentative six-day visit plan with half the time spent in Yeosu City and the conference, and the other days to see the Lotus Lantern Festival”.

Korea hosted the 17th World Fellowship of Buddhist Conference in 1990 in Seoul. Now the conference returns after 22 years. The opportunity to host the WFB conference will be a chance to showcase the excellence of Korean Buddhism and share with the world Korean Buddhist cultural treasures such as templestay, temple food, and the Lotus Lantern Festival.

The World Fellowship of Buddhist Conference first began in May of 1950 in Sri Lanka as Buddhist representatives from 27 countries met to transcend sectarian barriers. This year marks the 60 year anniversary. Now, 153 WFB branches in 40 countries exist to unify Buddhists from all traditions and uphold the Buddha’s teachings. The conference is held every two years. There are seven WFB branches in Korea including the Jogye Order and the Jogye Order Central Council of the Laity.

Please note: in case you look for more information about attending the 2012 World Fellowship of Buddhist Conference please address your queries to the Jogye Order: http://www.koreanbuddhism.net/

2012 World Fellowship of Buddhist Conference – Inauguration Ceremony Address
Dr. Kim, Eui-Jeong. President of Lay Buddhist Association for the Jogye Order of Korean Buddhism Regional Center

On the occasion of the 26th WFB Korea Inauguration Ceremony hosted by 2012 Yeosu Expo, I would like to express my sincere gratitude to all those who came to participate, including the President of Jogye Order, Abbots of the Jeolla North and South Province Head Temples, and other Venerables and guests who came to offer congratulations on this auspicious occasion. Most of all, we would like to thank our gracious host, Yeosu Expo Organizing Committee and the Government of Yeosu City for their generous material and mental support. On behalf of the Korean Buddhists, we would also like to cordially welcome the President and General Secretary of WFB Headquarter and Royal Thai Government who came, despite Thailand’s serious emergency flood situation, to offer good wishes for the success of the next year’s 25th WFB General Conference, 17th WFBY, and 9th Meeting of the Council of the WBU.

Sixty-one years ago in May 25, 1950, The World Fellowship of Buddhists (WFB) was founded at the venerated shrine of the Holy Temple of the Tooth, Kandy, Sri Lanka. WFB was the first Buddhists Organization which brought together Buddhists from different lineages and traditions around the world. It was established to create fraternal bonds between Buddhists, and with the hope that we may all work in harmony and exchange information to benefit all sentient beings. WFB Conference was founded with the principle that Theravada, Mahayana, and Vajrayana Buddhist practitioners will work together as the followers of the Buddha, and to achieve the ultimate goal: spread the Dharma, salvation of mankind, and world peace. With the determination to pursue the mission and duty of Buddhists, WFB Conference were planned for every 2 years, and it is already the time to hold the 26th WFB Conference, at the same time as the 2012 Yeosu Expo.

The 26th WFB Conference Theme has been decided as “Buddhist Ecological-Environmental Thoughts & Practices for the 21st Century”. When viewed from the Buddhist perspective, all life in this world has Buddha nature and we know that interdependence taught by the Buddha is true and significant, especially when we see through the ecological way of thought. Especially in the modern world, ecological problems we now face is not limited to one particular region or nation, thus we must work together to protect this precious mother earth. We must remember that in the 21st Century, environmental protection propagation and its implementation is the responsibility of the whole mankind.

During The 17th WFB Seoul Conference in 1990, outstanding features of Korean Buddhist Culture were revealed to the world Buddhists. The 26th WFB Conference will be a great opportunity to display Korea’s beautiful and uncontaminated ecological environment, along with five thousand years of beautiful Traditional Buddhist Culture. I am certain that this Conference will create a ground for world leaders to discuss all matters concerning environmental initiatives.

Facebook comments

50 Comments for this entry

• I am a Thai Buddhist monk living in Chiang Rai, northern Thailand. I would like to join in the conference.Please kindly let me know all the information.
    with metta
    P.Suthee

• Songgpriya Bhikkhu says:

Nobember 16, 2011

Dear in the Dhamma

I am happy to knowing a Buddhist conference will be held on January 15, 2012, to South Korea hosted by WFB. It is very important for the world Buddhist community and South Korea, due to Korean Buddhisim now capsized and engulfed by Christianity. I hope that through this conference the Buddhism will be restored again in the country.

With Metta

Yours Brother in Dhamma

Songgpriya Bhikkhu (India)

• rev jeevanandothero says:

Dear buddhist friends,

I am Bangladeshi Buddhist monk and study to Chittagong University of M.A.I am happy to knowing a Buddhist conference will be held on January 15, 2012, to South Korea hosted by WFB. It is very important for the world Buddhist community and South Korea

With Metta

Yours Brother in Dhamma

• chandrakant jamadar says:

this is nice ,i hope it will give good message for people

chandrakant jamadar
    mysore,INDIA

• Edwin Emeka says:

With Metta
    Edwin Emeka, Ukraine.

• Ven Panna says:

This is Ven Panna, a Myanmar monk, who live in Thailand, and who is very pleased to hear the information on that the WFB conference will be held on January 15, 2012, hosted by the Jogye Order in South Korea. I hope not only Buddhists but also non-Buddhist leaders and their followers will participate in the conference which will produce common platforms of different believers for the world peace and the mankind welfare and also living beings’.

With Metta
    Ven Panna, Southern Thailand.

• Ven Panna says:

This is the second comment left by Ven Panna, a Myanmar monk, who live in Thailand. I’d better participate in the conference. If possible, I would like to get some information on how to do procedure to join the conference.

with Metta
    Ven Panna, Southern Thailand.

• Afeez says:

Dear Sir, How can i register to participate?

Afeez

• Please inform details to me. Due to some my technical reasons, i could not joined in Srilanka Conference 2011.
    With regards.
    Dr. Milind Jiwane
    Chairperson of World Buddhists Conference held in 2006 at Nagpur.
    President of Ashwaghosh Buddhists Foundation (India)

• Rohana dissanayaka says:

Please send me the necessary information to attend the conference

• Dr. Shushmita Sen says:

I am teaching in the Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda. I was invited for the 2011 Buddhist conference held in anuradhapura, Sri Lanka, which due to some personal reason I was unable to attend. I would definitely love to participate and present a paper this time.
    I would like to to know the details of the conference – the date the registration fees and etc
    regards
    shushmita

• sohel barua says:

dear sir, madam. i would lik to participate in. how can i register pls..

• Terry Koch says:

Greetings friends in Dhamma.
    Can someone tell me if laypersons who are followers of the Dhamma may attend this conference, or must one be a representative of a temple, church, or monastery? Thank You very much.
    Metta,
    Terry Koch

• Khemacara says:

Dear in Dhamma
    I am Khemacara, Myanmar monk, stayed in Thailand for one year to do research on manuscripts of Tipitaka.
    I am very pleased to know about WFB and I am interested in
    2012 World Fellowship of Buddhist Conference which will be held in Korea, and hosted by the Jogye Order.
    The most interesting point is “to showcase the excellence of Korean Buddhism and share with the world Korean Buddhist cultural treasures such as templestay, temple food, and the Lotus Lantern Festival. This world is full of discrepancies that make conflicts even in the same school. If we meet together occasionally, negotiate for disagreements and coordinate for the good point, our world will be more peaceful and prosperous. If i have a chance to take part in your conference, I would be very grateful.
    Please let me know how to join your conference

With best regards
    Khemacara
    Thailand

• Venerable Sir/Madam,
    Convey my best regard on behalf of my
    religious organization. please tell me how
    we can register to join in the upcoming
    conference which will be held in Seoul.
    Thanks in advance.
    with metta.
    kong jaw aong

• ven.suman shraman says:

I am Bangladeshi Buddhist monk in Thailand.I am a student my study in B.A.(Buddhism).I am happy to knowing a Buddhist conference will be held on 15,January 2012, to South Korea hosted by WFB.It is very important for the world Buddhist community and South Korea.I hope that through this conference the Buddhism will be restored again in the country.

With Matte
    Ven.suman shraman from Thailand.

• upananda says:

This is Ven upananda, a bangladashi monk, who live in Thailand, and who is very pleased to hear the information on that the WFB conference will be held on January 15, 2012, hosted by the Jogye Order in South Korea. I hope not only Buddhists but also non-Buddhist leaders and their followers will participate in the conference which will produce common platforms of different believers for the world peace and the mankind welfare and also living beings’.

With Metta
    Ven upananda,from Thailand.

• Rev. Saju Barua says:

Dear Buddhist friend,
    I am a Bangladesh Buddhist monk living in SriLanka. I would like to join in the 2012 World Fellowship of Buddhist Conference: held in Korea hosted by the Jogye Order.Please kindly let me know all the information.please tell me how
    we can register to join in the upcoming
    conference which will be held in Seoul.
    with matte

SAJU BARUA

• korunananda sramon says:

Dear sir,I am Korunananda sraman.I am a Bangladeshi Buddhist monk.I live in Thailand for Study my study in B.A.(Buddhism).I am happy to knowing a Buddhist conference will be held on January 15, 2012, to South Korea hosted by WFB. It is very important for the world Buddhist community and South Korea. I hope that through this conference the Buddhism will be restored again in the country.
    With Metta
    Korunananda sraman form Thailand

• wimal hewamanage says:

Dear Sir/Madam,
    I am a young Buddhist scholar, who serves as a lecturer in Pali and Buddhist Studies, University of Colombo, Sri Lanka.

Now I am reading for my PhD. in University of Wuhan, China. I would like to know detail about this conference.
    Thanks.
    Wimal

• pheak ngan says:

Dear venerable sirs and friends in the Dhamma,
    I am a Cambodian Buddhist monk,a student of the International Theravada Buddhist Missionary University (ITBMU)of B.A (Buddha Dhamma)final year, Yangon, Myanmar. I am very glad and interested in the 2012 World Fellowship of Buddhist Conference which will be held on January 15, 2012, hosted by the Jogye Order in South Korea. It will be introduced the beneficial and meaningful ways of life to all people in the world.
    i hope that all people will come to know more and more on Buddhism through this conference.
    with metta,
    Pheak Ngan

• supriya says:

• I am happy to knowing a Buddhist conference will be held on January 15, 2012, to South Korea hosted by WFB. It is very important for the world Buddhist community and South Korea. I hope that through this conference the Buddhism will be restored again in the country.
    With Metta
    supriya ,srilanka,

• Sanjay P Kamble says:

I am very happy to know that the Buddhist Conference is going to be held in South Korea,because of my personal problem,i am unable attend this but wish it will be grand success.

• Dear Ven.sir,
    I am student of MA International researcher,
    Note My topic “Dr. Ambedkar and Ambedkarite Buddhist Movement in India”
    May I wish if you have any chance please give me opportunity to attend your Conference to take Idea from differences scholar.
    I will be highly grateful to you.

With great Metta
    Ven. Pradip

• AFOLABI KEHINDE says:

Please furnish me with detail information in other to attend.

• Bodhinanda Bhikkhu says:

Dear Conference Admin,
    I am Bodhinanda Bhikkhu form Bangladesh. I went world Fellowship of Buddhist Conference attend. Please help me and one invitation card send me.

Thanks With Best Regards

Bodhinanda Bhikkhu.

• Duah Joshua says:

I have heard so much about 2012 World Fellowship of Buddhist Conference and i want be a participant. so please kindly send me the right details imformation because i will be glad to attend it thanks.

• Ripan chakma says:

Dear Ven. Sir,
    I am really delighted having known about The 26th World Fellowship of Buddhist Conference, 17th WFBY, and 9th WBU Conference which will take place during the 2012 Yeosu International Expo from the 11 to 16 June B.E. 2012 (B.E. 2556) in Yeosu City, Korea.
    I’m a Buddhist monk, studying Buddhism at Buddhist and Pali University of Sri Lanka.I would like to participate at the on-coming WFBC to improve my experience and knowledge on Buddhism. Therefore, I would like to request you to let me know the information in details.
    with best regards
    Ripan Chakma.

• Suman says:

Dear venerable sirs and friends in the Dhamma,
    with metta,
    Pheak Ngan

You organise the conference.Iwill join this conference please send me details.

• H. D. Khobragade says:

It is a good effort to spread Buddhism.
    Please advise me the formalities to be completed by mt to attend the conference.

• Dhammachari jnanraja says:

Dhammachari Jnanraja/ Bharat Shirsath,Pune, India.
    19-12-2011.
    Respected Brothers and sisters in the Dhamma. Jaibhim. I am Dhamma teacher and practising buddhism last 20 years. I thanks to Jogye order Team members for taking the responsibility to organise WBC. I am convised that the Dhamma is the only way to free from suffering. So it should be spread all over the world. I wish to join the conference. Please let me know the prosidure and sponcership.
    may all beings be happy.
    with lots of Metta.
    jnanraja

• DR.PRIYADARSINI MITRA says:

i am an assistant professor of buddhist studies.i would like to attend and present a paper in this conference.if you send me the details of this conference and give me the chance for attending this conference than i would be grateful to you for ever and ever

• sumesh barua says:

dear sir ,how can i register to participate
    sumesh barua

• Dear Honorable,

Conveying my Heartfelt respect.Hope are your great make Buddhist conference the jogye order by the lord Buddha.I am very pleased.So that the impotent conference I am very much interest to join. Please Let me know to participate in conference.
    Waiting for nice replay please.

Thanking You
    Yours Sincerely
    Dr. Shimul Kanti Barua
    President,
    International Buddhist Religion Study & Meditation Center,

• Ashok Baladhan Ukey says:

Dear
    sir
    I am Very happy to known the Buddhist conference holding with great effect of Buddhahood in live Buddhist People please to invole me the coference with great pleasure

• Rahul barua says:

I am rahul barua from India,
    I am happy to knowing a Buddhist Conference will be held on January 15,2012, to south Korea hosted by WFB.I would like to to know the details of the conference.Please send me the necessary information to attend the Buddhist conference

• Supanta Chakma says:

Dear Organizer,
    I am highly interested and it is great pleasure of knowing that a Buddhist Conference will held in south Korea organizing by WFB. It is really a great idea to make our Buddhism Existence among the Human.
    With metta

• chakranarayan anand says:

dear dhammafriend.
    i am indian dhammapathik buddhist press reporter.i want to participate in wbo.plz send me necessary information via mail.thanks,

• B.Pannamittha Bhikkhu says:

Dear Sir,
    It was my great Pleasure to know the WFBC is going held a worldwide conference 2012 in your motherland South Korea. As a Buddhist monk it encouraged me to write you. The Buddha was great human beings. He taught us Buddhism. It was the great and a way of life. So, “Buddhism wins the best religion of the world rewards 2009” the ‘ICARUS’ foundation was arranged in Switzerland. Taking lessen from it, Can’t be use to determine to harmony or unity as one as a Buddhist Community in the world on the Conference day? Hope great result for it. Wish you all the best journey forever.

With regards,
    B.Pannamittha Bhikkhu.
    SriLanka

• shaddananda baruah says:

Honorable Sir,
    I am very glad to know that WFBconference will be held in south korea after 22 years.I am interested about this conference.please send me how can I BE ABLE to join this conference.thanks

Yours dhamma friends
    Shaddananda baruah
    Monstry of Gautam wadi buddha vihar,Mumbai

• hello,
    I am a Myanmar Buddhist Monk called “Honorary Professor Venerable Dr. Ashin Pannadipa” from Myanmar and living in Thailand. I wanna attend this great conference. Please let me know all information concerning with this confernce.
    With Metta,
    Honorary Professor Venerable dr. Ashin Pannadipa, Ph.d

• rajesh ramteke says:

Dear sir,

please send formalities to be completed for attending conference in seol.

• Rev. Ripan Chakma says:

Dear Ven. Sir,
    with best regards
    Ripan Chakma.

• Ven.Shanti Bhadra Bhikkhu says:

Dear Honorable,
    I am bangladeshi buddhist monk.
    Waiting for nice replay please.

Thanking You
    Yours Sincerely
    Ven. Shanti Bhadra Bhikkhu
    President,
    International Buddhist Meditation Cent in bangladesh

• A.B.Shraman says:

Wish you all a “Happy new year 2012” and grateful to your intention and good effort to blooming Buddhism around the world. As well as I would like to request you to stop monotonous activities and commence modern activities which will be useful to future world. Such as reanimated young Soldiers training on Buddhism for future generation and commence it, in every member’s countries of the WFB.
    Your’s In Dharma,

• ven.Ghosita says:

It is a good to do Buddhist activities. According to Buddha’s dhamma it is Aparihaaniya , not to lose.
    Your’s in Dhamma,

• Dear Sir,
    Please send details to us.
    President/Secretary
    Ashwaghosh Buddhists Foundation
    Nagpur (India)
    Mob. 9225226922, 9370984138

• Junu Barua says:

would like to participate your buddhist conference in korea 2012.

• asodip@hotmail.com says: